DuraSpace is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization providing leadership and innovation for open technologies that promote durable, persistent access to digital data. We collaborate with academic, scientific, cultural, and technology communities by supporting projects and creating services to help ensure that current and future generations have access to our collective digital heritage.
Our values are expressed in our organizational byline, "Committed to our digital future."
DuraSpace-supported open technology projects provide long-term, durable access to and discovery of digital assets. We put together global, strategic collaborations to sustain DSpace and Fedora, two of the most widely-used repository solutions in the world and VIVO, a semantic web platform that enables research discovery. More than eighteen hundred institutions use and help develop open source software in partnership with DuraSpace. DSpace, Fedora and VIVO are directly supported with in-kind contributions of development resources and financial donations through the DuraSpace Membership Program.
The DSpace and Fedora and VIVO projects benefit from DuraSpace support:
• Technical Leadership DuraSpace's dedicated and highly skilled technical staff guides the open source development process by providing leadership and oversight.
• Sustainability Planning As leaders and innovators in digital preservation and access communities the DuraSpace executive team helps plan for the success and sustainability of supported projects.
• Fundraising DuraSpace coordinates an annual membership campaign to deeply engage the community in sustaining our open source projects by become active stakeholders in the future of DSpace, Fedora and VIVO
• Community Development by establishing nnovative programs foster collaboration and professional development to build capacity in our large and vibrant global user communities.
• Marketing and Communications Using available tactics–Web publishing, printed materials, email lists, social media, webinars, face-to-face events and evaluation–we leverage our growing communications network on behalf of our communities to share strategic news and information.
• Collaborations and Strategic Partnerships DuraSpace experts look for opportunities to leverage our software and services to benefit our communities.
• Administration Those projects without organizational affiliation will benefit from several types of DuraSpace administrative support.
DuraSpace is your partner in developing innovative solutions to meet today’s access, preservation and discovery challenges. We provide services to the digital preservation community that enable long term access and preservation of your digital assets.
Our services include DuraCloud–an easy and cost effective way to archive, share and manage content in the cloud. With one click multiple copies are created in the cloud in different locations with several providers all while ensuring the health of the content through DuraCloud’s (DuraCloud.org) automated content health checking services.
DSpaceDirect (DSpaceDirect.org) is a low-cost, turnkey hosted repository service that can be used to preserve and provide access to academic faculty and student papers, projects, and research through a DSpace interface.
We also offer professional development opportunities which include web seminar series and informal, online tutorial sessions offering participants interactive "how to" sessions. In addition, our in-depth courses provide a way to build professional expertise through a dynamic learning process.
- 2015 DuraSpace Annual Report
- Articles of Incorporation
- Audited Financials
- People - DuraSpace staff member profiles.
- Board of Directors - Read more about the visionary leaders of the DuraSpace organization.
- Membership Program - Find out which organizations are DuraSpace members and how membership dollars benefit the DSpace and Fedora projects.
- Original Moore Grant Proposal (2007) - The proposal for the grant that provided the start-up funding for the not-for-profit organization.