DuraSpace is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization providing leadership and innovation for open technologies that promote durable, persistent access to digital data. We collaborate with academic, scientific, cultural, and technology communities by supporting projects and creating services to help ensure that current and future generations have access to our collective digital heritage.
Our values are expressed in our organizational byline, "Committed to our digital future."
DuraSpace supported open technology projects provide long-term, durable access to and discovery of digital assets. We put together global, strategic collaborations to sustain DSpace and Fedora, two of the most widely-used repository solutions in the world. More than fifteen hundred institutions use and help develop these open source software repository platforms. DSpace and Fedora are directly supported with in-kind contributions of development resources and financial donations through the DuraSpace community sponsorship program.
The DSpace and Fedora projects benefit from DuraSpace support:
• Executive Leadership As leaders and innovators in digital preservation and access communities the DuraSpace executive team helps plan for the success and sustainability of the DSpace and Fedora projects.
• Technical Leadership DuraSpace's dedicated technical staff guides the open source development process by providing leadership and oversight.
• Community Outreach DuraSpace designs community programs which foster collaboration and professional development to benefit our large, vibrant and active user communities.
• Communications As a premiere information source within and external to worldwide open technology, preservation, access and discovery communities, DuraSpace works with project leadership to exchange strategic information through our communications network.
• Business Development DuraSpace experts look for ways to make businesses using our technologies successful.
• Administration Projects without organizational affiliation will benefit from several types of DuraSpace administrative support.
Read more about support for projects here.
DuraSpace is your partner in finding innovative solutions to meet today’s access and preservation challenges. We provide services to the digital preservation community that enable long term access and preservation of your digital assets.
Our services include DuraCloud, an easy and cost effective way to archive, share and manage content in the cloud. With one click multiple copies are created in the cloud in different locations with several providers all while ensuring the health of the content through DuraCloud’s automated content health checking services.
DSpaceDirect is a low-cost, turnkey hosted repository service. DSpaceDirect can be used to preserve and provide access to academic faculty and student papers, projects, and research.
We also offer professional development opportunities which include “Hot Topics” web seminar series based on current topics of interest curated by community experts. Informal “Brown Bag” tutorial sessions offer participants interactive sessions about technology innovations as well as a chance to ask questions. In addition, our in-depth courses provide a way to build professional expertise through a dynamic learning process that takes place over several months.
2012 Annual Report
Articles of Incorporation
People - DuraSpace staff member profiles.
Board of Directors - Read more about the visionary leaders of the DuraSpace organization.
Sponsorship Program - Find out which organizations sponsor DuraSpace and how sponsorship revenues benefit the DSpace and Fedora projects.
Original Moore Grant Proposal (2007) - The proposal for the grant that provided the start-up funding for the not-for-profit organization.