AVAILABLE: Sept. 2013 Issue of Library of Congress Digital Preservation Newsletter
Washington, DC The September 2013 Library of Congress Digital Preservation Newsletter is now available.
This issue features:
• The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada using the Levels of Digital Preservation
• The George Sanger Collection at UT Austin Videogame Archive
• An Analysis of Current Digital Preservation Policies
• What Is It That We Actually DO (at the Library of Congress)?
• Recent Interviews with: Matthew G. Kirschenbaum from the University of Maryland and Jason Scott from the Archive Team
• New and recently updated resources: The Digital Preservation Business Case Toolkit; The Activists' Guide to Archiving Video; Digital Preservation Videos for the Classroom; Digital Preservation in a Box; Rich Online Resources Documenting the 1963 March on Washington
• Other news: Help Pick Panels for the 2014 South By Southwest Conference; Xporting Digital Format Sustainability Descriptions as XML; Format Migration and More Launching Points for Applied Research
• Upcoming Events: National Book Festival, Sept. 21-22, Washington, DC; Cultural Heritage Archives: Networks, Innovation and Collaboration Symposium, Sept. 26-27, Washington, DC; 2013 DLF Forum, Nov. 3-6, Austin, TX; Best Practices Exchange, Nov. 13-15, Salt Lake City, UT; Aligning National Approaches to Digital Preservation: An Action Assembly, Nov. 18-20, Barcelona, Spain.
DuraCloud, a service from DuraSpace that makes preserving your content simple and cost effective, is a featured entry in the "Digital Preservation in a Box" list of cloud storage options: http://dpoutreach.net/?page_id=15.
To subscribe to the Library of Congress Digital Preservation Newsletter, sign up here: