Winchester, MA The DSpace community will hold its next major user group meeting in conjunction with the 9th International Conference on Open Repositories June 9 to 13, 2014 in Helsinki, Finland. The call for proposals from Leif Longva, the DSpace Interest Group Chair is below.
General Conference Theme: Towards Repository Ecosystems
Conference dates: 9-13 June 2014
Conference location: Helsinki, Finland
Conference website: http://or2014.helsinki.fi/
3 February 2014: Deadline for proposal submissions
17 April 2013: Submitters notified of acceptance to interest groups
12-13 June 2013: DSpace Interest Group program
Some specific areas of interest for OR2014
The DSpace Interest Group program committee invites your contributions to OR2014, whether you’re a developer, researcher, repository manager, administrator or practitioner. We invite one to two-page proposals that focus on the use of the DSpace platform and that describe novel experiences or developments in the construction and use of DSpace repositories. Presentation formats could include panels, tutorials, facilitated round table discussions, stories, or presentations of varying length. Please indicate the preferred format in you proposal.
The following list of topics is in accordance with the OR 2014 call for proposals:
- Unconventional approaches to repository-like services
- Interconnection between publishers and repositories
- Researcher-centered design for scholarly workflows
- Adaptations to support curation lifecycle management, e.g., for research data
- Real-world scalability and performance stories: working at web-scale, with big data for global usage
- Requirements for holding restricted or classified data in repositories
- Infrastructure to accommodate national and international mandates for data management and open access
- Positioning repositories closer to (local, consortial, or cloud-based) cyberinfrastructure for data processing
- Leveraging connections to external services including:
- Remote identifier services (e.g., DOI, ORCID)
- (Re-)using repository data/metadata in new and unexpected ways, including integrated discovery
- Scholarly social media services, such as for annotation, review, comment, reputation, citation, and altmetrics
- CRIS and research management systems
- Digital preservation tools, services & infrastructure
- Community and sustainability in an open world
How to submit
Visit the Open Repositories 2014 conference website to submit your proposal online at http://or2014.helsinki.fi/.
Also check out the conference blog http://or2014.helsinki.fi/?page_id=91.
￼￼For enquiries, please contact the DSpace Interest Group Chair, Leif Longva at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your proposals!