CALL: Speak, Show, and Share at RDAP14
Submitted by on Tue, 2013-10-22 16:02
From Andrew Johnson, RDAP14 Program Chair
Boulder, CO RDAP14, the fifth annual Research Data Access and Preservation Summit, is now accepting proposals (max. 300 words) for two panels, interactive posters, and lightning talks. Themes for RDAP14 were selected by this year's planning committee with input from previous years' attendees and RDAP community members.
• November 25, 2013 Panel Presentations Submissions Due <http://www.softconf.com/asis/rdap-14/cgi-bin/scmd.cgi?scmd=basicSubmit>
• December 16, 2013 Interactive Posters and Lightning Talks Submissions Due <http://www.softconf.com/asis/rdap-14/cgi-bin/scmd.cgi?scmd=basicSubmit>
• February 14, 2014 Early Bird Registration<https://www.asis.org/Conferences/RDAP14/rdap14regform.php> Ends
• March 26-28, 2014 RDAP14 Conference and Workshops<http://www.asis.org/rdap/>
The program committee is seeking panelists for the following topics (other panels are being curated by members of the program committee):
• Developing and implementing institutional policies for research data: ownership, preservation, and compliance.
This panel will discuss approaches institutions have taken to develop and implement policies for a variety of issues related to research data, including ownership, copyright, commercialization, privacy, embargoes, access controls, sharing, reuse, and preservation.
• Building data curation/management services on a shoestring budget.
This panel will discuss how to quickly start up data curation/management services with limited resources from the perspective of institutions that have recently done so in response to funding agency policies and/or other external factors.
Interactive Posters and Lightning Talks
The program committee is soliciting posters and lightning talks on any of the following themes:
• Institutional policies for research data
• Building/expanding research data services
• Collaboration or tension between units involved with research data
• Institutional responses to government policies/guidelines concerning research data
• Systems/strategies for full-lifecycle research data curation
• Tools developed and/or used for data curation/management
• Digital preservation
• Data citation and reuse
• Data repositories (institutional/disciplinary/other)
• Education and training for research data management/curation
Submit your 300 word (maximum) summary or abstract, along with any supplementary documentation, for Panel Presentations by November 25, 2013. Submissions for Interactive Posters and (Seven Minute) Lightning Talks are due December 16, 2013. Submit your proposals for RDAP14 here: http://www.softconf.com/asis/rdap-14/cgi-bin/scmd.cgi?scmd=basicSubmit
View previous RDAP presentations and posters on our Slideshare <http://www.slideshare.net/asist_org/tag/rdap13> site. Links to previous Summits' programs, videos and articles in the ASIS&T Bulletin are available on our RDAP Past Events <http://www.asis.org/rdap/past-events/> page.
Keep up with RDAP news by joining the Listserv<http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/rdap>, following us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/RDAPsummit> or visiting our Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Research-Data-Access-Preservation-RDAP/125779237528763> page. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>. We look forward to hearing from you!