Hosted Services Customer Specialist
Responsible for managing the lead to sale process of DuraSpace hosted services (DuraCloud, DSpaceDirect, ArchivesDirect) including customer service, product pricing, new account set up, onboarding and training. Manages the suite of exsisting services to ensure successful management of customers and continued growth.
Full text of the job description for this position may be found below or download the PDF:
Interested and qualified individuals may submit their resume to email@example.com.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Support Management
- Provide timely follow-up to all sales leads
- Answer initial questions and provide customized sales quotes
- Serve as a liaison between potential customers and development team throughout sales process
- Conduct information/sales sessions and demos for potential customers and provide timely responses to inquiries as requested by potential customers
- Maintain the sales cycle of each contact/lead; streamline sales workflow wherever possible
- Manage new account set-up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure customers are able to upload, ingest, and use DuraCloud and DSpaceDirect and have received appropriate support for ArchivesDirect through training sessions, information sessions, and effective communication mechanisms
- Setup and administer cloud provider accounts and associated credentials
- Create and manage DuraCloud customer accounts
- Create and manage DSpaceDirect customer accounts
- Complete vendor registrations and miscellaneous procurement documents (as needed)
- Implement and enhance customer support workflow, processes, and systems, and ensure effective use by customers and staff
- Manage annual invoicing, renewals, and payments for service customers
- Manage existing business relationships with: Amazon, Internet2, SDSC, Chronopolis, DPN
- Create and produce training materials, including but not limited to support documentation, training videos, information sessions, and webinar series
- Assist in the execution of annual marketing plan in collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications, including assisting in production of blog posts, press releases, user stories, etc.
- Support annual sales plan for all services
- Assist in all outreach and sales efforts implementing effective measures to advertise to targeted markets
- Participate in organization and team meetings
- Participate in discussions of web properties, research, implementation, and updates
- Maintain service customer data in Zoho CRM
- Maintain and update web site content (DuraCloud, DSpaceDirect, ArchivesDirect, and DuraCloud Vault) as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, information management or related field; or a minimum of four years of related experience or training; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Experience working with technology; ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and customers of various technical skill levels.
- Ability to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software; experience with cloud-based technologies preferred.
- Able to work as a team player, has the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; takes initiative and demonstrates interest, skill, and success in motivating and mentoring others to work together, particularly when team members are volunteers with limited time and interests of their own.
- Maintains courteous and effective working relationships with internal and community members/customers, partners, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Effective communication skills: Able to communicate effectively both in person, in writing, and virtually using a variety of media and technologies.
- Demonstrates initiative and is able to work with no or very limited direction or instruction; Anticipates and identifies priorities and knows when collaboration or discussion is necessary; Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity without guidance.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills and able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Successful project management skills and able to communicate changes and progress, keep on task and completes projects on time and within budget.
- Follow Monday – Friday, business day schedule in mostly Eastern Time zone.
- Part-Time, minimum 20 hours per week.
- Contractor position with opportunity to become permanent.
- Work from a virtual office and have access to necessary hardware to effectively perform responsibilities.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be necessary based on business needs.
- Travel may be necessary to ensure attendance at meetings, conferences, or industry events.
DuraSpace is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization providing leadership and innovation for open technologies that promote durable, persistent access to digital data. We collaborate with scholarly, scientific, cultural, and technology communities by supporting open source projects and creating services to help ensure that current and future generations have access to our collective digital heritage.
DuraSpace is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a work-from-home lifestyle, and a supportive peer group.