Braga, Portugal RODA (Repository of Authentic Digital Records: http://www.roda-community.org) has evolved from a digital repository project created in conjunction with the Portuguese National Archives (http://antt.dgarq.gov.pt) into an advanced open source digital repository platform that is ready to use. It provides long-term preservation and authenticity of digital objects. RODA is a complete digital repository that delivers functionality for all the main units of the OAIS reference model. RODA is capable of ingesting, managing and providing access to various types of digital content produced by large corporations or public bodies. RODA is based on open-source technologies and is supported by existing standards such as the OAIS, METS, EAD and PREMIS.The Fedora application framework supports RODA.
• Download options include source-code and binary for a full install, as well as a ready-to-use Virtual Machine so users can try it at home: http://www.roda-community.org/download/
• Give RODA a quick try at the demo site: http://demo.roda-community.org/?locale=en
• Ongoing development is on GitHub: https://github.com/keeps/roda
• Developer guide is available: https://github.com/keeps/roda/wiki/Developer-guide
• Visit the FAQ: https://github.com/keeps/roda/wiki/Frequent-Asked-Questions
More information about community governance, institutions currently using RODA, mailing lists and paid support are all available at http://www.roda-community.org.
The RODA repository is the subject of interesting new research as part (together with KEEP SOLUTIONS: http://www.keep.pt/?lang=en) of european research projects like SCAPE (http://www.scape-project.eu/) for large-scale digital preservation environments, 4C (http://4cproject.eu/) for digital preservation cost modeling, and others coming soon.
RODA continues to be committed to innovation in technological advances in the area of digital preservation and archiving, as well as active participation in partnerships for research and development of new resources to support digital preservation.