Proposals due April 26 for Digital Preservation 2013, July 23-25, Washington DC
Submitted by on Mon, 2013-04-22 14:30
From Erin Engle, Digital Archivist, Library of Congress
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIPP)
Washington, DC The deadline for submitting a proposal for Digital Preservation 2013 is April 26. The meeting will be held July 23-25 in the Washington DC area and will bring the the broad, diverse digital preservation and stewardship community together to share achievements in the areas technical infrastructure, innovation, content collection, standardization, and outreach and education efforts.
We are looking for your ideas, accomplishments and projects that highlight, contribute to, and further the community conversation. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Discussions of 'big data' challenges, especially regarding the management, search, and access of data for use
• Innovative methods of digital preservation, especially regarding sustainable practices, community approaches, and software solutions
• Collaboration successes and lessons learned highlighting a wide-range of digital preservation activities, such as best practices, open source solutions, and emerging tools
• Practical examples of research and scholarly use of stewarded data or content
• Educational trends for emerging and practicing professionals
You are invited to express your interest in any of the following ways:
• Panels or presentations
• 5-minute lightning talks
To be considered please send 300 words or less describing what you would like to present to Erin Engle (email@example.com
The last day of the meeting, July 25, will be a CURATEcamp. We are focusing this camp around the topic of exhibition, and the use (and reuse) of content. We'll be talking more about the camp in the coming weeks.
We are lining up thought-provoking speakers and panels, and we are pleased to announce that Hilary Mason, Chief Scientist at Bit.ly, will be one of our keynote speakers. We look forward to your contributions.