OAI8 Workshop Program Available: Plenary Sessions, Tutorials and Breakout Groups
Submitted by on Mon, 2013-04-08 20:47
From Thomas Krichel on behalf of The The OAI Organizing Committee
Geneva, Switzerland The OAI8 Workshop on Current Developments in Scholarly Communication is taking place in the University of Geneva and in CERN, Geneva, on June 19-21, 2013. The Programme can be found at http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=211600.
There are six plenary sessions on:
• Technical developments
• Semantic Indexing
• Research Data
• Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
• Gold Open Access Infrastructures
The Tutorials, which start the Workshop, are devoted to:
• Research Data Services
• OJS, beyond editorial tradition
• The NISO/OAI ResourceSync Synchronization Framework
• Open Access Café 2013
• Metadata for the Research Lifecycle
Five Breakout Groups have been arranged so far for group discussions:
• Open Access Policy developments
• How to make your university a monograph publisher
• Open Annotations
• Gold Open Access infrastructures
There will also be 20+ posters in the timetabled poster session.
OAI Workshops are prominent European OA events in the year in which they are held. Places are still available and registration is open at http://indico.cern.ch/confRegistrationFormDisplay.py/display?confId=3D211600.
The OAI Workshops provide a space for all those interested in developments in Scholarly Communication to come together to learn from each other, to exchange ideas, and to hear papers from leading experts in the field.