From the Repository Fringe Organising Committee
Edinburgh, Scotland The University of Edinburgh with support from the Digital Curation Centre, EDINA, and Edinburgh University Library are delighted to announce that after its temporary incorporation into Open Repositories 2012 the Repository Fringe will return as a standalone event this year to be held in the Informatics Forum from 31 July to 2 August 2013. Further sponsors and supporters to be announced.
Repository Fringe aims to showcase a range of innovative repository and related developments to coincide with 'preview week' that precedes the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Designed for an audience of developers and coders, repository managers and practitioners, the programme retains an 'unconference' feel to it, and seeks to canvas contribution from a wide range of repository actors for:
• Live demonstrations of innovative work;
• "Lightning" presentations on any subject relating to current, or future repository endeavours;
• Facilitated Round Table discussions;
• Tutorials and presentations on related topics;
• Workshops and developer day activities including a 'Code Challenge';
• Last but not least, after a notable presentation at the 2011 event we are also happy to accept presentations with live musical accompaniment!
Keynote speakers will open and close Repository Fringe 2013.
The dates of the event coincide with the start of the Edinburgh Festival season, which includes the Edinburgh Art Festival, Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Edinburgh International Festival , Edinburgh International Book Festival, as well as the usual impromptu street theatre, musicians and sideshows.
Registration for this free event will open shortly.
University accommodation is available on a first-come, first-served basis, details are available at http://www.book.accom.ed.ac.uk/. Please note, accommodation is in high demand at that time of year so early booking is advisable.
For further enquiries contact: email@example.com.
Or follow us on Twitter: @repofringe, https://twitter.com/repofringe, hashtag #rfringe13.