VIDEO AVAILABLE from "Protests, Petitions & Publishing: Widening Access to Research in 2012"
Submitted by on Wed, 2012-03-07 10:45
New York, NY A video recording of Columbia University Libraries Scholarly Communication Program event "Protests, Petitions & Publishing: Widening Access to Research in 2012" is available.
Scholarly Communication Program site:
Columbia's YouTube channel:
The event was held on February 28, 2012 and explored the question of whether scholars and publishers are ready to change the process by which scholarship is distributed so that access to research and scholarship can be available to all, not just “the one percent". Speakers included:
• Allan Adler, Vice President for Legal and Governmental Affairs, Association of American Publishers
• Oona Schmid, Director of Publishing, American Anthropological Association
• Peter Woit, Senior Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, Columbia University
• Gail Drakes, Associate Faculty, Gallatin School of Individualized Study, New York University
• Alex Golub, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, University of Hawaii at Manoa