NOW AVAILABLE: DuraCloud 1.2, Open Source Release Features Key Content Management Improvements
Submitted by on Tue, 2011-11-08 11:35
Ithaca, NYThe DuraCloud1.2 release features several community requests including:
• The Upload Toolallows you to transfer multiple files and folders through the web interface or via a client-side utility. This utility lets you see the progress of the upload once it starts.
• Media streaming improvementsgive you the ability to stream media files from multiple spaces as well as media files that are added after the service has been deployed.
• An updated copy operationenables copying, moving, and renaming content items within a space and between spaces.
• The new Stitch Tool allows you to reconstitute files that were chunked upon transfer to DuraCloud.
• Integration with San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) Cloud (beta) provides researchers, students, academics, and industry users with the ability to chose the world's largest academic cloud storage system through DuraCloud.
Many other updates and improvements are detailed in the release notes:
DuraSpace (http://duraspace.org/) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. DuraSpace software and services are used worldwide as solutions for open access, institutional repositories, digital libraries, digital archives, data curation, virtual research environments, and more. The organization's open-source technology portfolio includes the DSpace open access repository application and the Fedora open repository platform. DuraSpace is the home of DuraCloud (http://duracloud.org/), a cloud-based software service that leverages existing cloud infrastructure to enable durability and access to digital content. The DuraSpace team includes recognized leaders and experts in the management of digital information. The team works with an active and diverse international community committed to the durability of digital resources.