Mulgara 2.1.3 Available With “Jena” Interface and Variable Assignment in SPARQL
Submitted by on Tue, 2009-08-18 10:56
Ithaca, NY Paul Gearon, DuraSpace Technical Lead and Developer, has announced the release of Mulgara 2.1.3. Mulgara can be downloaded from: http://mulgara.org/download.html.
Some of the major changes in this release:
• Reintroduced a Jena interface courtesy of Andy Seaborne’s JenaMulgara bridge. JenaMulgara is a bridge between the Jena API, a Java-based framework for writing semantic web applications and Mulgara, an RDF database, written in Java. The objective of the bridge is to provide the complete set of Jena APIs working on data stored in a Mulgara database.
There is still optimization work to be done, but it should be fully functional. Please see the Interfaces page for details: http://mulgara.org/trac/wiki/UserInterfaces
• Variable assignment in SPARQL, using a syntax of LET (var := …)
• User configuration files now only require the fields to be changed
from default values.
• Fixed escape codes in JSON results.
• Fixed entity escaping in XML results.
• Fixed incorrect paths in the WebUI when deployed on Tomcat.
For the full list of updates, please see the release notes and documentation for details:
Release notes: http://mulgara.org/release.html#v2.1.2
Please pound on it, and contact us if something breaks. You can get in touch through mailing lists, or submit a report to the bug tracker: http://mulgara.org/trac/report.