Source Code Available from RODA “Repository of Authentic Digital Objects”
Submitted by on Fri, 2009-08-07 10:43
Lisbon, Portugal Source code is now available from RODA, Repositório de Objectos Digitais Autênticos, an initiative of the National Archive Institute of Portugal (IAN/TT) supported by the eGovernment of Portugal which has been established to support its activity in information and communication technologies to improve the efficiency, productivity and quality of public services.
Andrew Woods, DuraSpace technical lead and developer, suggests, “RODA stands out as an elegant effort addressing technical compliance with OAIS/TRAC. Its non-intrusive implementation on top of Fedora coupled with the fact that the source is now openly available: http://redmine.keep.pt/repositories/browse/roda-public/sources hopefully will generate some constructive reuse in the community.”
It became clear to IAN/TT planners that the number of digital objects produced by Portuguse intuitions would grow, their legal value and authenticity should be assured, that these digital objects would become the testimony of the activity of public organizations, and would constitute the social and patrimonial memory of Portugal. Tools and resources capable of answering the needs of public administration institutions in terms of preservation of the digital items were required. RODA provides technical solutions for digital preservation at the national level for all of Portugal using Fedora Commons repository software.
More About RODA
• Development Web site: http://roda.di.uminho.pt Download RODA binaries or source code: http://redmine.keep.pt/wiki/roda-public#Download
• Register and participate in discussion forums and report issues:
• View a video about RODA: Download link
• Publications related to RODA may be found here: http://portal.roda.dgarq.gov.pt/en/node/221
• Check out some freshly-translated English documentation, articles and
the RODA OR09 presentation: http://redmine.keep.pt/projects/roda-public/documents