DSpace 3.3 released–Fixes Minor Issues in the 3.x Platform
Submitted by on Tue, 2014-06-24 10:36
From Mark Wood, Lead System Programmer, IUPUI, on behalf of the DSpace 3.3 Release Team, and all the DSpace developers.
Winchester, MA DSpace 3.3 is now available! DSpace 3.3 is a bug-fix release and contains no new features. It includes several bug fixes which have been backported to the 3.x platform (from the upcoming 4.2 bug-fix release).
DSpace 3.3 will likely be the last release on the DSpace 3.x platform. DSpace 3.3 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following locations:
• SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/
• GitHub: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/ (see the "dspace-3.3" tag)
What's Fixed in 3.3
• Handle prefix containing a dot generated incorrect identifier.uri (DS-1536)
• "Out of Memory" errors may occur when indexing large bitstreams/files in Discovery (DS-1958)
• A possible memory leak in the OAI webapp (DS-1898)
• A problem with repeatable fields in XMLUI submission forms losing values (DS-1893)
• The "dspace classpath" command threw an error (DS-1998)
• Thumbnails were not displayed when using JSPUI + Oracle database (DS-2013)
• A fix in OAI harvester test for source sites with many OAI sets (DS-1834)
• If the optional SOLRBrowseDAO was enabled, attempts to remove items may have failed with a database exception (DS-1619)
• Other minor fixes. See Changes in 3.x section for a list of all fixes.
For much more information on each of these features, please visit the 3.x Release Notes:
• The DSpace 3.x documentation is available online at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/
• A PDF copy of the documentation can be downloaded from:
The DSpace application would not exist without the hard work and support of the community. Thank you to the many developers who have worked very hard to deliver all the new features and improvements. Also thanks to the users who provided input and feedback on the development, as well those who participated in the testathons. Additionally I would like to thank Tim Donohue of DuraSpace for ensuring that DSpace 3.3 went off without a hitch.
A detailed listing of all known people/institutions who contributed directly to DSpace 3.3 is available in the Release Notes. If you contributed and were accidentally not listed, please let us know so that we can correct it!
For DSpace 3.3, we had a total of 45 individuals contribute bug reports and bug fixes. A big thanks goes out to everyone who participated. We hope you'll continue to be a valuable addition to the DSpace community for the next release and beyond!
More information on this release is also available in the DSpace 3.3 Release Notes at:
As always, we are happy to hear back from the community about DSpace. Please let us know what you think of 3.3!