CALL for 2015 DLF (Digital Library Federation) Forum Proposals
Submitted by on Mon, 2015-04-20 14:53
From Kelcy Shepherd, Head of Digital Programs, Amherst College
Washington, DC The DLF Forum <http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/> is an annual meeting where the digital library community comes together to discover better methods of working through sharing and collaboration. It serves as a resource and catalyst among digital library developers, project managers, and all who are invested in digital library issues. The 2015 DLF Forum <http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/> will be held in Vancouver, BC, October 26-28.
Organizers are currently seeking proposals for the 2015 DLF Forum program. The Program Planning Committee requests proposals within the broad framework of digital collections, infrastructure, resources, and organizational priorities. You do not need to be part of a member organization in order to submit a proposal.
The Forum traditionally has no overarching theme so that we can craft a program that speaks to current issues of interest to our community. We depend on contributors to focus proposals on action-oriented topics targeted towards a practitioner audience, considering the aspects of design, management, implementation, assessment, and collaboration.
Suggested topical areas for 2015 include:
- Linked data implementations
- Collaborative digital projects across GLAM institutions
- Innovative approaches to engaging users and reusing data and collections (e.g., data visualization, mapping, crowdsourcing, citizen science)
- Systems architecture, both hardware and code
- Open data, open access, or open educational resources
This is not a prescriptive list; we encourage you to be creative, collaborative, and collegial.
Proposals are due June 22. For more information and to submit your proposal, please visit http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/cfp/
The call for proposals
<http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/affiliated-events/dlflac/cfp/> for the DLF Liberal Arts Colleges Preconference <http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/affiliated-events/dlflac/> is also open until June 22.
- 2015 DLF Forum <http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/>, Vancouver, October 26-28
- Call for Proposals <http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/cfp/> – Due June 22
- Registration <http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/registration/> – Early bird until May 31