REGISTER for the DLF eResearch Network Program
Submitted by on Wed, 2015-10-14 13:30
From Bethany Nowviskie, Director of the Digital Library Federation at CLIR & Research Associate Professor of Digital Humanities, University of Virginia
The Digital Library Federation is very pleased to open pre-registration for the 2016 cohort of our eResearch Network:
The DLF eResearch Network (eRN) is a cohort-based learning experience, focused on implementing research data management services and engaging in shared skill development, networking, and collaboration. Our goal in providing the experience is to foster a self-reliant, mutually supportive community of practice, engaged in continuous learning about RDM, data curation, and e-research support.
NEW FOR 2016:
• We’re radically lowering tuition costs for DLF member institutions who wish to participate in the eRN. (Tuition for an institutional team of three will total $1000 for DLF members and $3000 for non-member institutions.)
• Participation will be easier and less expensive, because we're making the in-person meet-ups that bookend the program entirely optional. (They’ll still be great networking opportunities, but we can do crucial eRN business virtually.)
• Finally, by popular demand, we’ll be upping the humanities data curation content of the program.
2016 eRN faculty and some other details for this May-November 2016 program are still TBD, but we encourage early registration so that we can recruit speakers and customize the curriculum to suit our new cohort’s interests and goals.
• Sign your team up for 2016: http://diglib.org/eRN-signup/
• Learn more about the eRN: http://www.diglib.org/groups/e-research-network/