VIVO Updates for August 14–VIVO 1.9 Cheat Sheet, Conference, Survey
Submitted by on Wed, 2016-08-17 14:27
From Mike Conlon, VIVO project director
- Capability Map. Interactive network visualiation of research areas, researchers and their connections.
- SEO Improvements. Site map for people improves search engine discovery of VIVO profiles.
- Altmetrics improvements. Altmetrics scores on papers on profiles.
- Maven project structure. VIVO and Vitro projects in GitHub have been restructured to support Maven.
- Maven based installer. New, simplified installation procedure. So simple, a project director can do it.
- OpenJDK support. Thumbnail image processing has been improved to resolve known issues.
- Performance improvements. Greatly improved performance in writing new triples from the inferencer.
- SPARQL Editor highlighting. Multi-colored SPARQL editor with syntax highlighting.
- UTF-8 in emails. VIVO's unicode character support now available in emails from VIVO.
- Bug fixes. More than a dozen bugs fixed.
21 developers from 14 organizations contributed to this release! Congratulations to all!
If you are in Denver on Tuesday August 16, please consider joining us in the Mattie Silks room of the Marriott City Center Hotel for a documentation work party. We will be copying, editing, and updating technical documentation in the new VIVO 1.9 Technical Documentation wiki.
VIVO Survey. Have a VIVO? Thinking about VIVO? Got an idea for VIVO? Have you filled out the survey? You can do this. 10 minutes. You'll be a hero. Survey is here: https://goo.gl/rkr964. Thank you!
VIVO Conference is here. See you in Denver! Follow along on Twitter at @vivocollab, hashtag #vivo16. http://vivoconference.org
Are you a presenter at the Conference? If so, please submit your work via Figshare http://figshare.com and tag your work vivo16. We'll make sure your work is in the VIVO Figshare collection, and in OpenVIVO.
No Implementation call this week. Due to the conference, the Implementation Interest Group call will not be held this Thursday. Next implementation call is September 15. As always, if you have a question or comment regarding VIVO, please use the two Google Groups – email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach us on Twitter at @vivocollab and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VIVOcollaboration