Winchester, MA Today the DuraSpace organization announced the release of DuraCloud 2.4.0. The latest version of DuraCloud offers customers significantly improved content upload and download capabilities including the drag and drop upload feature, installers that make it easy to use the Sync Tool, and more. DuraCloud is an archiving and preservation service that gives users the choice of where to store their content while providing a suite of services that ensure their content's long term accessibility.
Primary features of the 2.4.0 release are:
Improved Content Upload:
• DuraCloud now provides the option to upload files using the familiar file selector or with simple drag and drop through the web interface.
• New Sync Tool installers provide a simple graphical installation flow and are consistent with the usual installation process on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
• The Sync Tool now provides 3 options for handling files which have changed locally:
1. Overwrite the file (the default, and the only option available in previous versions)
2. Skip the file (ensures that there are no changes made
to any existing files in DuraCloud)
3. Rename original (rename the old copy of this file first, then add the new file to DuraCloud)
Improved Content Download:
• The Retrieval Tool now allows users more flexible content retrieval options, including downloading from:
1. A list of the files in a space
2. A specific set of files from a space
3. An entire space
Videos to help users get started with DuraCloud are now available:
For more information, a complete list of the new features and
improvements in DuraCloud 2.4.0 are available in the release notes: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DURACLOUDDOC/Release+Notes
DuraSpace (http://duraspace.org) is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization providing leadership and innovation for open technologies that promote durable, persistent access to digital data. We collaborate with academic, scientific, cultural, and technology communities by supporting projects and creating services to help ensure that current and future generations have access to our collective digital heritage. Our values are expressed in our organizational byline, "Committed to our digital future."