Winchester, MA Plans are in the works for a half day DSpace User Group Meeting from 8:30am to 12:30pm on March 5, 2014 in Kansas City, Missouri, immediately following the SPARC Open Access Meeting on March 2-4.
We are in the process of developing the agenda and recruiting presenters. This has traditionally been a fairly informal meeting with lots of opportunity for networking with other DSpace users. In fact, we highly recommend that if possible you plan to allow time after the session to go to lunch and continue small group conversations around specific areas of interest.
Plans are still developing, but the meeting will likely include:
- Update on 4.0 and beyond
- DSpace tutorial (specific topic TBD)*
- Community Show & Tell
- Structured networking session (potential topics for discussion - upgrading to 4.0, repository bibliometrics, identifiers, APIs, DSpace and CC licenses, JSPUI vs XMLUI)
If you have specific suggestions for other content (presentations, tutorials, discussions, etc.) to include in the meeting please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting is being sponsored by the DuraSpace organization and @mire, a Registered DSpace Service Provider. The event It is free for anyone who wishes to participate. For planning purposes, please complete this registration form by March 1: http://bit.ly/1fvE8Hs.
Community Show and Tell
Attendees are invited to talk between 5 and 10 minutes about their own current projects. The use of a few key slides is encouraged but not required. This can include but should not be limited to work on the DSpace repository, best practices and lessons learned on:
- Budget: how you are managing your repository budget and responding to user needs
- Strategic planning: developing a strategy and costing for future development of the repository
- Fundraising: sourcing funding opportunities for repository projects
- Personnel: coordinating and managing activities of repository personnel and coordinating repository development with associated departments
- Other ideas?.....
For updated information, please visit the meeting wiki page here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/SPARC+DSpace+User+Group+Meeting+2014