UPDATES from the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA)
Washington, DC Launched in 2010, the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA) is a collaborative effort among 145 government agencies, educational institutions, non-profit organizations and businesses to establish, maintain, and advance the capacity to preserve our nation's digital resources for the benefit of present and future generations. The NDSA supports activities which advance digital stewardship in all its forms.
• The NDSA Content Working Group has launched a new series on The Signal digital preservation blog. Check out the Content Matters series (http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/category/content-matters-interview/) to read about the latest in digital content.
• The Infrastructure Working Group has launched the 2013 Storage Survey. This survey builds on the 2011 Storage Survey. It will provide insights into how stewards of digital content are storing their data as well as how data storage has changed over the last two years. Please consider filling out the 2013 Storage Survey for your organization here:
• The Innovation Working Group is looking for nominations for the 2013 Innovation awards. Nominations will close on May 16, 2013. Nominate someone (or some project) that has impressed you with their innovative work in digital preservation here:
• The NDSA leadership group will circulate a copy of the 2014 National Agenda for Digital Stewardship to the NDSA-ALL list for comment.
Upcoming conferences and events of interest
• DigCCurr Professional Institute: Curation Practices for the Digital Object Lifecycle (Session 1), 12 - 17 May 2013, Chapel Hill, NC http://ils.unc.edu/digccurr/institute2013.html
• 2013 American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference, 27 June - 2 July 2013, Chicago, IL http://ala13.ala.org
Have You Read:
Inaugurating the Content Matters Interview Series: Deb Boyer from PhillyHistory.org http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2013/04/inaugurating-the-content-matters-interview-series-deb-boyer-from-phillyhistory-org/
The Content Matters Interview Series: Dr. Sylvia Chou of the National Cancer Institute http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2013/04/the-content-matters-interview-series-dr-sylvia-chou-of-the-national-cancer-institute/
Challenges in the Curation of Time Based Media Art: An Interview with Michael Mansfield http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2013/04/challenges-in-the-curation-of-time-based-media-art-an-interview-with-michael-mansfield/
The Metadata Games Crowdsourcing Toolset for Libraries & Archives: An Interview with Mary Flanagan http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2013/04/the-metadata-games-crowdsourcing-toolset-for-libraries-archives-an-interview-with-mary-flanagan/