WORKSHOP: Linking and Contextualizing Publications and Datasets, Sept. 26, Malta
Submitted by on Fri, 2013-06-07 10:53
Valletta, Malta A one-day workshop on "Linking and Contextualizing Publications and Datasets" will be held in Valletta, Malta, on September 26, 2013. The workshop is sponsored by OpenAIREplus (www.openaire.eu) and EuroCRIS (www.eurocris.org) and is being offered In conjunction with TPDL 2013 (www.tpdl2013.info).
The goal of this workshop is to provide researchers and practitioners in the fields of Digital Libraries, e-Science, and e-Research, with a forum where they can constructively explore foundational, organizational and systemic challenges in contexts having publishing, interlinking, preservation, discovery, access, and reuse of publications and datasets as focal points. It expects to contribute to the actual picture of the state of the art approaches and solutions that researchers and practitioners active in these fields have investigated and realized.
Soren Auer, Universitat Leipzig (http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~auer). Dr. Soren Auer research interest are in social and semantic web technologies, knowledge engineering, usability, as well as databases and information systems. Soren is leading the European Union's FP7-ICT flagship project LOD2 comprising 15 partners from 11 countries. He is co-founder of several high-impact research and community projects such as DBpedia, SlideWiki.org, LinkedGeoData and OntoWiki, organiser and co-programme chair of renowned scientific conferences, area editor of the Semantic Web Journal, serves as an expert for industry, EC, W3C and advisory board member of the Open Knowledge Foundation.
The workshop welcomes submissions reporting on theoretical, systemic, and foundational work targeting popular topics of linking and contextualizing datasets and publications. The topics of this workshop are of interest to, but not limited to, the following research avenues:
• Metadata formats for publications and datasets: interlinking or contextualizing research outputs.
• Metadata access services: exporting/discovering metadata to facilitate interlinking or contextualizing research outputs.
• Data models expressing relationships between publications, datasets and other information apt for re-use, contextualization, etc.
• Aggregation services: robust and scalable collection, integration, storage, interlinking, and visualization of heterogeneous objects and metadata from publication, dataset, and contextual content data sources
• Linking and contextualization services: processing/mining interlinked objects and metadata relative for enrichment, disambiguation, annotation
• Future publication models and services: novel concepts and management of "enhanced publications", "research objects", "executable papers".
For more on these topics, please visit the workshop website.
Research paper submission: June 24th, 2013 Notification of acceptance: July 29th, 2013 Camera ready version: August 31st, 2013.
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers. Submitted manuscripts will have to be limited to 8-12 pages, following the guidelines for the LNCS format provided by Springer (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0). Preferred formats are PDF or Microsoft Word. Submission is on line at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lcpd2013 (EasyChair on-line system: you need to register an account to submit).
Papers submitted to the workshop will undergo a single-blind peer-review process by Program Committee members. To be published on the proceedings, accepted contributions should be revised according to the reviews and at least one author is required to register and present the paper at the workshop.
Proceedings, including abstracts from the invited speakers and the revised papers, will become a publication (the organisers are in the process of arranging the publication with Springer in CCIS series).
• Lukasz Bolikowski, Centre for Open Science, ICM, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Paolo Manghi, Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazione (ISTI), National Research Council - (CNR), Pisa, Italy
• Nikos Houssos, EKT, National Documentation Centre, Greece
• Jochen Schirrwagen, Bielefeld University Library, Germany