The 2019 DSpace North American Users Group planning committee invites proposals for the upcoming meeting which will be held September 23 & 24, 2019 at the Elmer L. Andersen Library at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
This meeting will provide opportunities to discuss ideas, strategies, best practices, use cases, and the future development of DSpace 7 with members of the DSpace community including repository developers, technology directors, and institutional repository managers.
We are looking for proposals to cover a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- DSpace 7 development and integration
- Upgrading or migrating to DSpace
- DSpace for research data
- DSpace for cultural heritage
- Analytics and assessment
- Institutional repositories / scholarly communication issues
- “Show and Tell” – share your success and challenges
- Anything else you would like to share with the community!
We are seeking proposals in the following formats:
- Lightning Talk (5-10 min) – a brief, freestanding presentation, with or without slides, including Q&A
- Presentation (20 min) – a more comprehensive, freestanding presentation, including Q&A
- Discussion Panel (45 min) – a collection of brief presentations on a topic or area, including a moderated Q&A or open discussion
- Workshop – an instructor-led workshop on a topic or tool
- Birds-of-a-feather – breakout sessions for attendees to engage in a particular topic
Submit a proposal by June 21, 2019.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent by July 15, 2019.
Need some ideas? Check out past North American user group meeting programs on the conference wiki!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage members of the wider open repository community and those interested in learning more about the open source DSpace repository platform to participate. More information about accommodations, registration, and schedule will be made available on the conference website.