Try it out! If you’d just like to try out the latest version of DSpace, visit http://demo.dspace.org/. This demo installation provides a sandbox where you can try out DSpace at any account level, from administrator to depositor. Login details are available on the homepage of either the XMLUI or JSPUI of this sandbox instance.
DSpace 6.3 can be downloaded from GitHub (dspace-6.3 release). DSpace 6.3 is a bug fix release to the DSpace 6.x platform. See the DSpace 6.x Release Notes for more information. Documentation is available at DSpace 6.x Documentation.
DSpace 6.x is a major update to the DSpace platform. It features an enhanced configuration system, enhanced file storage plugins, and new quality control / healthcheck reporting features (via REST API and via email). In addition, DSpace 6 has an eye on the future, with a major Java API refactor that adds support for both UUIDs and Hibernate in our database layer. Like its predecessor, DSpace 6 continues to strive to simplify your upgrade process by automatically updating your database to 6.x compatibility (from any prior DSpace version).
6.x New Features and Improvements
- Java API refactor, featuring Hibernate and UUIDs
- Enhanced (reloadable) configuration system, featuring a new local.cfg configuration file
- Enhanced file storage plugins, featuring support for Amazon S3
- Configurable site healthchecks via email
- XMLUI framework for metadata import from external sources, featuring support for PubMed imports
- XMLUI export of search results to CSV (for batch editing)
- XMLUI extensible administrative control panel
- REST API Quality Control Reports, along with sample HTML clients and CSV export (for batch editing)
- REST API support for additional authentication methods (e.g. LDAP, etc)
- All searches default to boolean AND.
- Enhanced indexing for searches (Excel is now searchable, as well as right-to-left text in PDFs)
- OAI-PMH adds compliance for OpenAIRE 3.0 guidelines for literature repositories
For much more information on each of these features or improvements, please visit our 6.x Release Notes.
Latest online DSpace Documentation
- Available language translations
- 6.x : PDF or Browse Online
- 5.x : PDF or Browse Online
- 4.x : PDF or Browse Online
- 3.x : PDF or Browse Online
- 1.x.x and prior
The DSpace application would not exist without the hard work and support of the community. Thank you to the many developers who have worked very hard to deliver all the new features and improvements. Also thanks to the users who provided input and feedback on the development, as well those who participated in the testathons.
For DSpace 6.0, we had a total of 73 individuals contribute code, bug reports, and bug fixes. A detailed listing of all known people/institutions who contributed directly to DSpace 6.x is available in the Release Notes. (If you contributed and were accidentally not listed, please let us know so that we can correct it!)
A big thanks goes out to everyone who participated. We hope you’ll continue to be a valuable addition to the DSpace community for the next release and beyond!
YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit’s leading software products: YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler.