DuraCloud is an open source, hosted service that makes it easy to control where and how your organization preserves content in the cloud. DuraCloud enables your institution to store content with expert cloud storage providers while adding lightweight features that enable digital preservation, data access, and data sharing. The service is also available from 4Science via DuraCloud Europe.
DuraCloud is designed to meet the needs of cultural heritage institutions, with features including:
- Storage and replication of content across multiple providers via a desktop tool, REST API, command line, or through a web-accessible interface
- Bit integrity health reports on all content at least twice per year
- Multiple content transfer interfaces, with options for both novice and technical staff
- Predictable annual billing and the option to add additional storage at any time
- Flexibility to combine private storage, public access, and dark archive options
- Integrations to support repository backup, archival file storage, and website archiving
- Optional administrative access controls
Take a look at the DuraCloud Guide to get answers to common questions and the Subscription Guide to see which subscription is right for you. You can also watch our latest webinar. If you like what you see, request a quote! There is special pricing (PDF) available for subscriptions of 20 TB or more.
Get started with DuraCloud:
- Give DuraCloud a spin with a free, 12-hour trial account. Take a look at the DuraCloud Guide to see which subscription is right for you and get answers to common questions.
- If you like what you see, request a quote!
- Once your DuraCloud account is set up, you can begin to transfer content of any format that you would like to backup and store in DuraCloud (through the web interface, the upload utility, and/or the standard REST APIs).
And don’t forget, DuraCloud:
- keeps your content safe by checking your content to make sure nothing was lost or changed during the transfer. This check is done by calculating the checksum value for each individual file that you transfer to DuraCloud.
- ensures your content continues to be stored securely. It does so by conducting regular content health checks for every content item stored in the cloud.
There is so much more to do with your content once it’s in DuraCloud:
- View your content.
- Access the health of your content.
- Stream video and audio files.
- Embed content in your own applications.
- Replicate and synchronize your content to a secondary cloud storage provider.