Dear DSpace Community,
The DSpace Leadership Group, the DSpace Committers and LYRASIS are proud to announce that DSpace 7.0 Beta 3 is now available for download and testing.
Beta 3 is the third scheduled Beta release provided for community feedback and to introduce the new features of the 7.0 platform. As a Beta release, we highly advise against running this version in production. Rather, we ask that you consider installing it in a test environment, try it out, and report back any issues or bugs you notice through GitHub (UI issues, Backend/API issues).
DSpace 7.0 Beta 3 is deployed for public testing on a dedicated demo site and it can be installed manually or via a Docker “quick install”. Instructions are available at: Try out DSpace 7.
Included in Beta 3
- Processes Admin UI (video) allows Administrators to run backend scripts/processes while monitoring their progress & completion.
- Manage Account Profile allows logged in users to update their name, language or password.
- New User Registration (video) and password reset to the Login screen.
- Login As (Impersonate) another account allows Administrators to debug issues that a specific user is seeing, or do some work on behalf of that user.
- Manage Authorization Policies of an Item allows Administrators to directly change/update the access policies of an Item, its Bundles or Bitstreams.
- Manage Item Templates of a Collection allows Administrators to create/manage template metadata that all new Items will start with when submitted to that Collection.
- Administer Active Workflows (video) allows Administrators to see every submission that is currently in the workflow approval process.
- CC License step allows your users to select a Creative Commons License as part of their submission.
- Angular CLI compatibility was added to the User Interface. This allows developers to easily update the User Interface using standard Angular commandline tools.
Source: DSpace 7 Release Notes
Videos are now available highlighting features in the new MyDSpace area of DSpace 7:
A number of recorded presentations and workshops are available through following links:
- Open Repository 2019 Hamburg Presentations & Workshops
- Getting Started with DSpace 7 Workshop – North American User Group Meeting
Initial preparations and edits are being made to the official documentation for DSpace 7.
- Beta 4: Beta release focusing on SEO enhancements, Theming enhancements, Solr-based Statistics views, improved GDPR alignment
- Beta 5: Optional Beta release to address any bugs or issues found in previous Betas, or complete any incomplete features.
- 7.0 Final Release: The final, production-ready release of 7.0 will be released as soon as all the above Betas have been completed and any outstanding major bugs have been resolved. Roughly estimated at 1-2 months after the last Beta.
More information and the latest changes can be found on DSpace 7 Release Goals.
Thanks to major code contributors!
The following organizations have been major code contributors to DSpace 7.
FCT / RCAAP
We gratefully recognize the following institutions who together have generously contributed financially to support the DSpace 7 staged release program, and individuals who devoted time to fundraising:
ETH Zurich, ETH Library
Imperial College London
Indiana University–Purdue University, Indianapolis
National Library of Finland
Technische Universität Berlin
Technische Universität Hamburg
The DSpace-Konsortium Deutschland
The Library Code GmbH
The Ohio State University
Texas Digital Library
University of Arizona
University of Edinburgh
University of Kansas
University of Minnesota
University of Toronto