From Mike Conlon, VIVO Project Director
One week to the VIVO Conference It’s not too late to register and attend the VIVO Conference. It’s not too late to submit a poster. Hop on http://vivoconference.org to learn more.
Welcome new members of the VIVO Leadership Group This week we welcome two new members to the VIVO Leadership Group:
- Anna Guillaumet, SIGMA (Spain). SIGMA is a non-profit company supported by ten leading Spanish universities. SIGMA develops and hosts software supporting students and researchers in Spain.
- Frederico Ferrario, Cineca (Italy). Cineca is a consortium of 62 research universities in Italy. Cineca develops and provides information technology solutions supporting research.
We appreciate their willingness to serve and look forward to their insight regarding VIVO.
The VIVO Leadership Group meets monthly, and provides strategic direction for VIVO. Representation on the Leadership Group is determined by membership, and by community elections. See the VIVO Project Charter for a description of the group and its responsibilities.
You may wish to become a member of VIVO and participate in project governance. See Become a Member for more information.
Welcome Erin Tripp! Erin Tripp assumes the role of interim CEO of Duraspace June 1. Previously Erin served as Duraspace Business Development Manager. In that role she has worked to improve the service provider program, and has led the Research Graph VIVO Cloud Pilot project, gaining significant experience with VIVO. I have worked with Erin throughout her time at Duraspace. She will do an outstanding job in her new role. Please join me in welcoming Erin!
Meetings this week We don’t have an interest group meeting on Thursday this week (fifth Thursday of the month), but we have three others (lots going on in VIVO Land).
- Ontology Improvement Task Force meeting, Tuesday 10 AM US Eastern
- Developer’s Meeting, Tuesday, 11 AM US Eastern
- VIVO Committer’s meeting, Wednesday, 10 AM US Eastern