From Mike Conlon, VIVO Project Director
Keep those ideas coming Have an idea about VIVO? What do we want? How will we get it? Share your ideas here: https://goo.gl/S2VSGD We will be collecting ideas through February 19. We hope to hear from you!
VIVO Conference Call for Proposals is open Share your work on research information management, open scholarship, and profile systems at the VIVO Conference, June 6-8, Durham, NC. Submit your proposal for a poster, workshop, panel, or presentation here: http://vivoconference.org/news/callforproposals
Want to help with the conference? Join Slack (see below).
VIVO Camp in beautiful San Diego, April 5-7 VIVO Camp is two and a half days of introduction to VIVO for those considering, planning, or leading implementations. Instructors will cover project goals, community buy-in, data sources, data models, ingest, ontology, and much more. Julia Trimmer, Duke University, Paul Albert, Weill Cornell Medicine, Violeta Ilik, Stony Brook University, Mike Conlon and Benjamin Gross of Clarivate will serve as your guides, counselors, and instructors. Camp will be held at the Biomedical Library of the University of California, San Diego, UCSD, a stones throw from beautiful La Jolla. Camp registration is now open with an early bird deadline of February 28. To learn more and to register, click here: https://goo.gl/vh9hm7
New to VIVO? Here’s some links:
- Community-minded people subscribe to email@example.com
- Tech questions and suggestions can be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is your organization supporting VIVO? You can become a member here: http://bit.ly/dura-join
- Join the VIVO Project Slack here: https://goo.gl/forms/JxQFkut4TYj4Ehww1
- VIVO Conference is here: http://vivoconference.org
- VIVO Wiki is here: http://wiki.duraspace.org/display/VIVO
- VIVO web site is here: https://duraspace.org/vivo
- VIVO GitHub is here: http://github.com/vivo-project
- VIVO Documentation is here: VIVO 1.9.x Documentation
Hmmm. Maybe we should have a refrigerator magnet.
Calls this week. Development Interest Group meets weekly on Tuesday at 11 AM US Eastern. The Ontology Improvement Task Forcewill meet this Tuesday at 10 AM US EAStern time. Agendas and call in information are posted to the lists, and are available in the wiki.