We are pleased to announce the release of DSpace 7.1. With the release of DSpace 7.0 earlier in August, we, the community, are committed to provide timely updates to provide new features, security & bug fixes to the 7.x platform.
The 7.1 release meets our technical roadmap to resolve three Tier 1 priorities. Additional donated features and improvements are also included in this release.
New and improved features include:
- Request a Copy (Backend donated by Mark H. Wood of IUPUI)
- Item Versioning
- Configure collections to harvest content via OAI-PMH (OAI Harvesting)
- IIIF Support (Donated by Michael Spalti of Willamette University, with support & enhancements donated by 4Science)
- Ability to “extend” other User Interface themes
- Configure one Entity Type per Collection (Ported by 4Science from their DSpace-CRIS project)
- Support for importing Entities and Relationships via the Simple Archive Format (Donated by tysonlt)
- Support for importing Project Entities with funding information via the OpenAIRE API (Donated by Paulo Graça)
- [HIGH] CVE-2021-41189: In 7.0, a Community or Collection Admin could escalate their permissions to become a full Administrator. A quick fix is also provided for sites running 7.0. (Reported by Andrea Bollini of 4Science)
Other fixes include:
- Major performance improvements to User Interface and REST API.
- Numerous bug fixes and accessibility improvements in the User Interface.
New and improved Language support:
- German user interface support was updated (Donated by The Library Code)
- Spanish user interface support added (Donated by Gustavo S. Ferreyro)
A total of 27 individuals contributed to 7.1, with major institutional contributions coming from 4Science and Atmire.
For a full list of changes and contributors in 7.1, see our Release Notes.
Would you like to volunteer towards 7.2 development? Volunteer developers are welcome to contribute any feature (listed in any priority Tier or prior approved) to the 7.2 release. These donated features will be included in the 7.2. Please get in touch with Tim Donohue or add a comment to an existing issue ticket if you wish to volunteer time toward improving DSpace 7.x.
Click to Download DSpace 7.1.